Sometimes, it’s simply fun to create baked goods that aren’t super healthy but are made from scratch and whole ingredients. This is one such recipe.
I was inspired to make this peanut butter cookie cake after perusing some food blogs, specifically LiveWellBakeOften. This version has been tweaked to be gluten-free and made from healthier ingredients, such as coconut oil and coconut sugar (both support a healthy metabolism).
I hope that you enjoy this dynamic dessert! I know those I served it to have. 😉Print
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake [Gluten-Free]
Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate!?
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Low-Glycemic
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 shakes of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a springform pan (or round cake pan).
- Combine the wet ingredients into a bowl (egg, egg whites, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and milk). Using an electric mixer, mix on low until well-combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar, and mix on low until well-combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Mix on low until completely folded in.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Optional: sprinkle more chocolate chips atop the cake for a more appealing exterior after baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out of the center clean.
Keywords: dessert, peanut butter, cookie cake, chocolate chip, healthy dessert,
For the frosting…
Coming soon: chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. *drooooool*