Warm summer days may be long gone, but I’m sure that hasn’t stopped anyone from consuming sweet and creamy ice cream in these colorful days of autumn.
A childhood favorite and welcome dessert amidst other sweet treats, ice cream has a reputation of being comforting, sweet, and delectably creamy. However it’s smooth texture and appealing flavor has side-tracked most people from recognizing that the dairy-based, artificially-sweetened ice creams in stores are some of the worst foods for one’s health.
If you’re not aware of the many dangers refined sugar and pasteurized dairy can contribute to, then I highly recommend you check out this link.
Dairy, especially, is linked with mucus problems (acne, arthritis, constipation, phlegm, coughs & colds, etc..), is highly acidic, and paired with refined sugar, is one of the underlying causes of most modern-day diseases.
Yes, guys, it tastes good, but that’s partially due to its additives and the fact that you’ve never tried any other alternatives… Oh wait, until this one. 🙂
Unlike soy-based ice creams, even pasteurized coconut ice creams, or the beloved banana ice cream, this live food, vegan coconut ice cream seriously takes the cake. Or the macaroon. Your choice.
I’m going to share just the ice cream today, and let you wrap your head around its awesomeness before moving on and sharing the 100% low-sugar, ketogenic, live food, vegan MACAROONS pictured next to it.
That just means you have more to look forward to. 🙂
Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews
- Coconut meat from 2 young Thai coconuts (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (fresh almond milk is great)
- 3/4 cup agave/honey/maple syrup/coconut nectar
- Seeds from 1/2 – 1 vanilla bean
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 T or so of coconut oil, melted
- Blend all ingredients except coconut oil in your blender (Vita-Mix works best!) until lusciously smooth and creamy.
- Melt coconut oil in a bowl that’s sitting in a larger bowl filled with hot water. Add in and blend until mixed.
- If you have an ice cream maker, go ahead and use that (mixing / freezing for 30-ish minutes) or put into a large tub (or individual containers) and freeze for 3-4 hours (minimum).
- May need to thaw for 40 minutes before scooping and serving
- This is a great BASE ice cream; you can add in whatever you want (chocolate, nuts, dates, etc…) and flavor it to your liking. Have fun!
Keep a tub of this in your freezer and serve it when you have company over. I bet you they won’t even tell the difference – except in how they feel!
You all deserve to feel radiantly healthy and love the life you lead. Take charge of your health, align your mind, and watch the rest of your life follow suit.
Amanda Froelich xoxo