Hey, friends! Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope your day was filled with gratitude and, hopefully, spent with friends and loved ones. Aaron and I had a fantastic time just chilling out for most of the morning. For the evening dinner, I whipped up a paleo pumpkin pie (recipe coming soon once I master it) and two different version of organic and free-range deviled eggs.
One of the key ingredients of what I made was mayonnaise. But, not ordinary mayo. Cashew mayo. It’s healthier, contains only a handful of ingredients, and is easy-to-make. Though I’ve made cashew mayor dozens of times over the years, this is the first time I am sharing a recipe for tasty dressing.
I hope you guys enjoy it! Pretty soon, I will link to it when sharing the #paleo deviled egg recipe.
Easy Cashew Mayo [Raw, Vegan]
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews (soaked min 2 hours + drained)
- 1/4 cup raw, peeled zucchini or cauliflower florets
- 3 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tsp honey or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Soak your cashews for a minimum of two hours, then drain. This step ensures your mayonnaise turns out nice and creamy.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender (such as the Vitamix). Blend on high for 30-45 seconds. Add a splash of water as needed (example: if it’s too thick).
- Once the cashew mayo reaches a smooth consistency, transfer it to an airtight Tupperware container. Store in the fridge for 10-14 days. Enjoy!
That’s all for now! I hope you guys have a magnificent rest of your November and enjoy the full moon. It’s a big, beautiful one.