Hello beautiful people!
As I shared in a Travel Fruit Loveblog post, I’m currently in Arizona training with An Oasis of Healing’s cancer healing clinic before I fly to Thailand to take over and optimize the Verita Life live-food clinic over there!
Many new, beautiful, and wonderful developments are in progress – like a brand spankin’ new website (coming soon!), Inviting in Light book (oooh, keep an eye out), and a 7-day Menu Plan. Therefore I’ve been quite busy and haven’t devoted as much time as I’d like to Bloom for Life articles, videos, and recipes.
But that will definitely change. As I was categorizing ALL the recipes to move forward, I came across this hidden gem which I don’t think anyone knew was on Bloom! Therefore I decided to share it again, because who doesn’t love brownies?
These simple, delicious, and incredibly nutrient-dense brownies were my saving grace when I went ‘raw’, and they’re seriously loved by everyone I make them for. (I’m speaking of you, sister!)
However although this live-food brownie is dairy, soy, and grain free, void of preservatives, unhealthy fats, refined sugar, and unhealthy additives, it is still a sweet treat… Therefore please consume the lot (with others!) in joyful moderation.
- 1 Cup Walnuts (soaked overnight or 8-12 hours) *removes tannic acid
- 1 Cup Dates (soaked 1-3 Hours)
- 1 Cup Carob or Raw Cacao powder
- 2 avocados
- ½ Cup Agave Nectar
- ¼ Cup Carob or Raw Cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pulse all brownie ingredients in a food processor until well-combined.
- Press into a small pan (8×8 or 9×9)
- In a blender, combine all frosting/icing ingredients and blend until smooth, creamy, and delicious.
- Using a spatula, spread ooey gooey deliciousness on top of your brownies.
- Let chill in the fridge or freezer for at least an hour to firm up.
- Enjoy! You will never go back to [i]brownie-from-a-box batter[/i] after enjoying this version!
Next up… Creamy Miso Soup!
It’s only fitting this brothy bowl of love be shared as I’m heading to Asia. It’s healing, nourishing, and incredibly delicious. Yum!
Bloom for Life! It is your right and highest purpose.