Inspired by a delectable dinner my friend Melanie Lotoscreated for us as her farewell gift from Finca de Vida, I decided to re-create something similar with a special ingredient… Kelp!
This is one of my favorite foods on the planet. Why? Because Kelp provides an abundant supply of vitamins and minerals, helps regulate the thyroid gland, assists in weight loss and management, protects you from radiation, and improves the body’s pH. Wow!
I never considered slicing it and using it in exchange for noodles, but after sampling her wonderful dinner, I knew I’d have to give it a try. 😉
If you’d like to get more iodine in your diet, enjoy a tasty meal, and experiment in the kitchen, try out this entrée!
- 1 package of Kelp (You can find this at the health food store)
- 1-2 Limes, juiced
- 3-4 Cups Warm Water
- Option A) Rinse kelp and marinate in water and lemon juice mixture overnight[br]
- or <br>
- Option B) :Low-boil kelp, water, and lime juice mixture for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Thinly slice the kelp and pile on a plate. Top with your marinara and enjoy!
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes (6)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (20 g)
- ~1 tbsp fresh oregano (8 g)
- 1 small pitted date
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo chile flakes
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes, divided
- To top: diced red bell pepper, chiffonade basil, and/or tomato
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender just until it is blended, but not smooth.
- If there are large chunks, pulse once or twice more.
- Scoop onto your kelp noodles, and top with your choice of topping.
Slicing up the kelp noodles.
Topped with chopped red bell pepper.
Chiffonade some basil and put on top…
And voila! A delectable, iodine-rich seaweed dinner. Enjoy!
Bloom for Life!
Guess what…! We’re working on a GREAT “live-food” Recipe Book on it’s way. Stay up-to-date so you can get ‘in the know’ about how you can get it!