Summer is here! In case you missed the sizzling heat or lack of people running around on the streets (well, at least from what I saw in Phoenix, AZ and Dallas, TX), it is hot out.
The heat is definitely beneficial for inducing sweating (which can help the body eliminate toxins), but definitely inhibits the amount of time one can comfortably spend outside without melting into a puddle.
This is why gazpacho soups are AWESOME. Refreshing, cool, easy-to-make, and simply delicious – but won’t require you to turn on the oven or stove to make!
But unlike typical gazpacho recipes using tomato, this refreshing variation (credit inspiration Raw Food Real World) of zesty sweet, spice, and cooling flavors melds together to cool the body and satisfy the palate.
Give it a try! This could make a delicious lunch and/or pre-dinner live food soup.
- 1 large, ripe pineapple
- 1 large English cucumber, or about 4 small ones (peeled if not organic, and chopped)
- 1 cup fresh-made pineapple juice
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1-2 tsp Sea Salt – to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 handful of Cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a food processor, combine 3 cups of each the pineapple and cucumber together with the pineapple juice, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and green onion, blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining pineapple and cucumber, cilantro and 1/2 of the olive oil. Pulse a few times to achieve a chunky texture. Adjust seasoning and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve garnished with the remaining cilantro and olive oil.
Do you seek to eat healthy and live a more balanced life, but feel you just lack the resources or guidance to do so?
You’re going to LOVE Bloom for Life’s new package. It will be released in TWO weeks, and is a whole foods, simple, plant-based menu plan complete with two different shopping lists, recipes, and more to help you not only become comfortable in the kitchen, but be inspired and THRIVE in creating better health.
Sign up for the newsletter on the right (and receive a FREE e-book!) to receive updates of when this gem will be ready!
Bloom for Life! You deserve nothing less.
xoxo Amanda Froelich