Are you on the lookout for a tasty paleo bread recipe? Then look no further. This coconut-based bread is filling, simple-to-make, and perfectly complements a wide variety of meals. This grain-free alternative is easy to make and, most importantly, is very satiating, delicious, and healing to the gut.
Why paleo bread?
Some people might be after the bread for the low-carb craze. Not me. I learned that a strict, vegan diet actually exacerbated some of my health conditions, so I transitioned to a low-glycemic, plant-based diet that is 80% plants (fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, etc…) and 15% or so free-range and organic meats, eggs, and fish. The remaining 5% is for miscellaneous foods, like coconut flour and Spirulina. YUM.
Though I don’t consume paleo-baked goods all of the time, now and again they are exactly what I crave when noshing on a vegan stew or venison meatloaf with a side salad. If these recipes sound good to you, go on and subscribe to the newsletter up above (and claim your free gift while you’re at it!), because I’ll be sharing a lot more recipes like these. 🙂
Without further ado, claim this simple (and free) recipe below. The pictures aren’t anything fancy but then, neither is the bread. It’s simple, awesome, and requires minimal preparation. I like to slather raw, local honey on a piece of freshly-baked paleo bread, or dip it in a veggie stew. Up to you!
Simple Coconut Flour Bread [Paleo, GF]
A simple and hearty paleo bread that you can easily make at home.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 organic eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, coconut oil, and raw honey. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine the coconut flour, Tapioca flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Combine both bowls and whisk well.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan. (I used a medium bread pan, 7 3/8” x 3 5/8” x 2”)
- Bake the bread until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (about 35-40 minutes).
- Once the bread is done, allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Then, slice, serve, and enjoy!
- This bread will keep up to 7 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: easy paleo bread, paleo bread recipe, homemade bread, homemade paleo bread
That’s it! I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. It’s simple but is an AWESOME staple for those who are ready to eat and feel better.
Until next time,