Wow – long time, no recipe. Where have I been? Well… My professional life has shifted from being on my feet 12+ hours a day cooking delectable plant-based food to helping folks create financial security so they can invest in lifestyle and dietary choices that benefit them. What am I talking about? Head on over to Black Hills Financial Planning and check it out. I’m relying on tech and education to grow a new business that can open new doors for people. In my free time, I still make delicious food. I’m just not as quick at publishing recipes as before.
In addition, my husband Aaron and I have been preparing to welcome our first baby into the world in April 2023. It’s an exciting time! With the entrance of a new one, there is undoubtedly going to be a new channel on this blog devoted to baby and kid food recipes. Get ready for that!
As I am now a busy entrepreneur and mom-to-be, I don’t take as much time to cook dishes from scratch as I used to. A perfect example of this is using the Banza chickpea crusts as a base for a delightful plant-based pizza on occasion. Because it’s proven to be a yummy, protein-rich staple for me, I decided to blog about it! There’s nothing as simple as a pre-prepared crust that you can top with goodies and throw into the oven.
Don’t believe me? Check it out.
Simple Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Pizza Crust
A delightful plant-based pizza that is protein-rich and packed with vitamin C from the marinara.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 Chickpea Banza pizza crust
- 1/2–1 cup marinara
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of Italian herbs
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/8 onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Optional: your choice of plant-based “cheese”
- Following the Banza crust instructions, heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven is pre-heating, slather marinara sauce over the crust and add your choice of toppings.
- Listed here are onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, (optional) choice of cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes and then allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Then voila! Eat and enjoy.
Keywords: pizza, chickpea, vegan,
What do you think? Please share your feedback and comments below!