By Mandy Froelich / Life in Bloom
Are you concerned about catching a common cold or a circulating virus? If so, you can take action to boost your immune system. Remember, a healthy and strong immune system is the BEST defense against bacterial and viral infections.
A handful of suggestions, in addition to the tea recipe below, follow:
- Reduce your stress load
- Reduce your consumption of refined sugar
- Wash your hands regularly
- Consume immune-boosting herbs and fungi
- Exercise to reduce your cortisol response
- Get plenty of sleep and wakeful rest
- Spend time in nature
In addition to these recommendations, you can sip the following tea as soon as you feel a compromised immune system. In other words, the moment you feel yourself falling ill, prepare a batch of this strengthening tea, created by Dr. Christina of New Leaf Chiropractic.Print
This tea recipe is wonderful for boosting the immune system.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4–5 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup raw ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2.5 cups of water
- 1–3 Tbsp raw honey
- Dash of cayenne
- Boil the minced garlic and raw ginger in 2.5 cups of water for 15 minutes. Allow the tea to cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain and pour desired serving. Add 1-2 Tbsp of raw honey and a dash of cayenne.
- Consume immediately or sip over a period of time.
Keywords: immune boosting tea, healthy tea, easy tea, tea for beginners,