It’s the time of ‘rona (COVID-19, or coronavirus) if you weren’t aware. As a result, almost everyone is researching ways to keep their immune systems strong (which is a step in the right direction, if you ask me).
In addition to drinking plenty of water, eating a variety of plants, getting 20 minutes (at least!) of sunshine each day, practicing positive affirmations, and exercising regularly, we can, of course, also supplement with plant medicines.
Normally, I take Kickass Immune to bolster my immune system year-round. But recently, Barlean’s (a pretty reputable company) reached out to have me review their new line of peppermint olive leaf extract.
It boasts the following:
The medicinal use of olive leaves dates back to ancient Egypt. Now used throughout the world, a growing body of scientific research points to the health benefits of Oleuropein, a powerful antioxidant found within this potent leaf. The leaves we use in Barlean’s Olive Leaf Complex are sourced from the Andalusian regions of Spain. These healthy leaves are teeming with Oleuropein, as well as a wide range of polyphenols.
Best of all, Barlean’s product is…
- Clinically studied for anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties to support a healthy immune system
- Full spectrum liquid, super antioxidant wellness solution, total ORAC 7,700 and 95mg Oleuropein per serving
- May help support healthy immune system, cardiovascular system, and blood pressure in the normal range*
- Non-GMO, Kosher, Sustainable Source
- Take directly from the bottle or add to water or tea
- I tried all three products. Although the flavor is good, there is a strong aftertaste. As a result, I would recommend mixing the liquid in a smoothie or soup, taking the capsules as one desires, and relying on the throat spray as-needed.
- I work in the healthcare industry and have been exposed to people throughout all of Covid-19. I feel fine — if not great, honestly… and I have no doubt that my healthy diet, lifestyle, and the olive leaf extract supported that.
- The flavor gets 4.2/5 – which is pretty good, considering the plant medicine is bitter, but peppermint appeals to nearly everyone.
What I loved:
- It was packaged so beautifully and shipped really quickly
- The packaging is professional, easy-to-understand, and highlights the benefits of the product
- The taste is a strong peppermint (one of my favorite flavors, actually)
- A little goes a long way
- You can consume olive leaf in a variety of ways, despite your preferred means of ingesting
- I wasn’t a fan of taking the liquid complex as a “shot.” I needed fruit to follow it. However, if that’s the worst complaint, #ohwell
- The throat spray tastes medicinal… but that’s good, right?!
- It’s a pretty awesome product that could certainly benefit those who are immuno-compromised or looking to improve their overall health.
Have you tried this product? Lemme know your thoughts below!