You’ve heard Jason Mraz’ deliciously sexy beautiful song “Banana Pancakes”, right? It makes you want to groove around your kitchen in your underwear – and of course eat pancakes (or in this case Crepes) with a loved one.
Well, just because you’ve decided to live healthy doesn’t mean you have to give anything up! For two lovebirds at Finca De Vida (the beautiful Frank and Christina – whom you may know from Purple Balance Raw Vegan bars!) or for Frank’s birthday I created some deliciously simple and tasty Raw Banana Pancakes!
I created them the night before so they’d be ready to surprise Frank with for breakfast, and oh boy, they were Happppppy! Sometimes in life it’s the little things that really show how much you love someone. In this case I’m reminded to send love in all directions because these two embody the most giving and healthy relationship I’ve seen in a long time.
Here’s the recipe so you can surprise a loved one with these cakes as well!
6 Ripe Bananas
1/2 Cup Flax (I also added in some nut pulp from making nut milk! Keep a little extra flax on hand if you need it to be thicker)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cardamom
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (alcohol free is preferred)
Enough water to blend
1) In a high-speed blender, combine bananas, spices, and water until completely smooth and blended.
2) Add in the flax and process again.
3) Let thicken for a few minutes as you prepare your dehydrating tools. You’ll need Teflex sheets or parchment paper and a spatula.
4) Spread the batter into 2 x 2 inch circles about 1/4 inch thick.
5) Dehydrate for about 8 hours, flip, and then dehydrate a few more hours. You want them kind of hydrated and yummy, not like flat elephant feet that have been drying in the sun.
6) Prepare by layering bananas and your pancakes. Sprinkle some cacao or carob powder for presentation, and if you have berries, add those too!
7) For the syrup you can blend some dates with water and your choice of fruit (like berries), or you can use raw agave or raw honey.
8) Serve with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice, a kiss to your sweetie, and an empty stomach because these will make your day!
Spread the love around, share this recipe and give someone new a smile today! <3
Enliven Your Life With Fruits and Veggies!