Hi there, loves!
How is August treating you? Yesterday was an odd Monday for me. Maybe its’ because I worked over the weekend, maybe it’s because yesterday was the last day of Mercury Retrograde and the collective has been thrown off for a while now. Who knows.
What I do know is that today has endless possibilities, and I’m feeling inspired (finally) to share a new recipe on Bloom for Life. This recipe features a choice of two previously-made raw vegan granolas and a berry-cashew cream.
I often make this treat for Wonder Press, the juice/smoothie shop I work at in Boulder, Colorado. Speaking of Wonder… if you ever stop by, be sure to say “hi!”. Also, check out my cookbook as they are sold in the shop.
This recipe has been asked for by several people. Rather than disclose the recipe just to them, I decided to upload it to Bloom for Life. Sharing is caring after all, right? Without further ado, please enjoy this scrumptious parfait recipe. It makes an excellent breakfast, a tasty snack, or a healthy dessert. In other words, be sure to bookmark it!
Parfait with Berry-Cashew Cream and Homemade Granola [Raw, Vegan]
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Serving Size: 8
- 2 cups cashews (soaked 4-6 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups berries (blueberries, strawberries)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- choice of fruit (bananas, apples, pears, etc…), sliced
- In a high-speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, berries, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla powder, lemon juice, and sea salt. Blend 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. (I prefer the Vitamix blender)
- Taste and adjust the flavors as needed. Sometimes, the “correct” amount of ingredients doesn’t always yield a perfect-tasting recipe. When you are satisfied with the cream, transfer it to an airtight container and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (the cream will “set,” making it more delicious).
- Make the Parfait: When you are ready to make the breakfast or tasty snack, set out 4-8 parfait glasses. Spoon your choice of granola, followed by a sprinkling of chopped fruit, then a dollop of the cashew cream. Repeat this step until you reach the top of the glass.
- Finish by garnishing the parfait with granola and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Eating whole, plant-based foods is the first step in creating a healthier body and a happier you. If you’d like more information on how to adopt a clean diet and a healthy lifestyle, check out my 7-day menu plan and the Bloom for Life cookbook.